Melissa joined the Silver Thatch crew in September 2019! She first knew she wanted to learn to dive when she did a night snorkel with manta rays in Hawaii. She loved the experience, but just wanted to go deeper! She has an 11-year-old daughter who shares her love of diving and passion for discovering all the wildlife the ocean has to offer. Her favorite dive site here in Cayman is Snapper Hole.
1) Where are you from?
I come from Cape Town, South Africa.
2) Where did you learn to dive?
I started free diving back home and started scuba diving in Thailand.
3) What do you love about diving?
The Bubbles.. meeting like minded people, exploring the under water world and finding small little creatures.
4) If you could dive anywhere in the world, somewhere you’ve never been diving before, where would it be?
The Great Blue hole in Belize.
6) What would you be doing right now if you weren’t doing this?
Audio Post production.
7) Tell us one funny fact about you.
I make my own ‘boerewors’ – which is a type of sausage we eat in South Africa.
8) What’s the best advice you’ve ever heard?
“Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being excited about what could go right.”